Thursday, March 15, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom

Today is my Mom's birthday.  She would have been 78.  It's hard to believe she's been gone for almost 4 years.  I still miss her terribly.  She was my best friend.  We were very close.  I'm so glad I was able to take care of her for the last 6 months of her life. (That's when she found out she had cancer.)  But now she's at peace  and no longer in any pain.  I'm sure she's looking down at me and keeping an eye on me.  I hope I'm doing her proud.  It's hard being all alone, but I have great friends and they are my family now.  Well...besides my beautiful kitties.  I'm so grateful to have them in my life to make it complete.  I never thought I would ever have cats, but I love them so and my dear friend Audrey introduced me to them and I fell in love.  Audrey is looking down on me and is so happy that we have each other.  They could not have gone to a better home than mine. I love them to death and cater to their every whim. LOL.  They give me unconditional love and I give it right back.  My mom hated cats, but I'm sure she is happy that they have helped me get through her death, my dad's death and my beautiful dog Chibi's death.  They even help me get through Audrey's death.  I love all my friends and thank God for them.  

Happy Birthday MOM - I love you very much. 


One of my favorite pictures of me and my mom.  We were in Japan visiting family.  One of the best vacations I ever had.

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your mom Brenda! Sorry she is not physically here to celebrate with but she is everywhere...have you seen a butterfly today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I didn't see a butterfly that day. I still miss her, but like you said, she's everywhere with me. She's in heaven with my dad and our dog Chibi happily together again. :)

    ReplyDelete